I wish everyone a prosperous 2010. May all of your goals be met and dreams come true.
Allow me to share a few words of wisdom from Three Feet from Gold:
- Sometimes our greatest achievements and successes are closer than we believe
- Many receive good advice, yet few profit from it.
- The most common cause of failure is quitting.
- Seek counsel, not opinions.
- A dream is just a dream until it is written down. Only then does it become a goal.
- Goals are aspirations until they become real. Then they become responsibilities.
- Stop overplanning.
- Dream big, and never stop shorty of reaching the top.
- The most successful people want to teach others how to become successful.
- Set the highest standards.
To fully understand the context in which these nuggets were written, you have to read the book.